Good Morning Neverland.  

Posted by Mr. Beckett in , , , , , , ,

Good Morning Neverland!

Well its 3:30am. The sun has yet to rise and I'm still all awake, hurrah and all that. So basically I've had a pretty rough couple of months its all been good character building however. Due to a series of unfortunate events (plug) I had to leave GSA (Drama School). I however took part in a competition entitled 'The Voice of Tomorrow' and managed to gain a few contacts there!

So I'm a jobless bum at the moment. Theatre is a hard cookie to crack! So with the advice of a good friend of mine - I stormed the theatres for jobs as a crew worker! "HI HERE'S MY CV, ITS GOT WAITERING - CUSTOMER ASSISTANT AND ALSO BARWORK... CAN I DO LES MISERABLES NOW!?"

The answer to the above statement is probably no. I have heard nothing from the theatres I applied for. I need to sleep with a master carpenter clearly.

Anyhow in latest news - Spring Awakening closed! Awh wern't we all very very sad :( Its a pity that such a rowsing new musical has lost its spark already. Its all to do with this big depression we're in. I'm sorry folks but we're turning into America now. GIVE ME THE BIG DANCE NUMBERS AND HAPPY SHOWS, MORE COLE PORTER!

Sister Act fits this bill perfectly. The production is lavish and stunning and the lib is a good bit of humour. It is shallow in every aspect but apart from that its a good bit of harmless fun. The score is Disney, so lets leave it at that. Loving my free comps for that show (Cheers James).

Apart from that I cannot hack enough life out of my brain to talk about more theatre, but hopefully I will update more with some indepth details about what my personal take is on whats going on in theatreland and culture at this moment in time.

Take care all you lovely people - Don't fear the Dragons.

B

Get in touch! - DragonsDynamite@gmail.com

This entry was posted on 19 June 2009 at Friday, June 19, 2009 and is filed under , , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Comment On This

Post a Comment